AWS Cloud Data Engineer (Dublin)June 13, 2018
Embedded Linux Firmware DeveloperJune 13, 2018
Description: Software Development Engineer - AWS Serverless
ProVision provides the market leading solution for fleet risk management, driver safety and accident prevention and fleet compliance. Our CameraMatics platform turns every vehicle into a smart node that combines multi-camera video footage, motion and location data. ProVision equipped vehicles connect to our cloud service via the cellular network, forming a large scale, IoT sensor network generating rich data sets. We analyse this data both in real-time and offline to deliver innovative products to the transport industry.
ProVision is re-inventing its cloud platform to provide the scalability, reliability and flexibility we need to meet the fast growth rate of our business. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for, and deep knowledge of AWS Serverless technologies. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, but growing team and influence the development of a brand new platform, from the ground up.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 3+ years experience developing scalable, distributed systems in a cloud environment.
- Extensive experience with AWS serverless frameworks (e.g. Lambda, Cognito, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, Aurora etc.)
- RESTful API design and development
Nice To Have:
- Video/data ingestion via the AWS Kinesis framework
- IoT device management via the AWS IoT framework
- Familiarity with video processing and distribution in the cloud.
- Dependable and accountable
- A self-starter with the ability to learn business concepts quickly.
- An innovator who can identify problems, formulate solutions and focus on delivering high quality implementations in a timely fashion.
- Dedicated, with a genuine passion for software development.