ProVision innovates to maximise fleet managers’ peace of mindMay 24, 2018
Field Sales Executive (Midlands)June 19, 2018
Description: Embedded Linux Firmware Developer
ProVision provides the market leading solution for fleet risk management, driver safety and accident prevention and fleet compliance. Our CameraMatics platform turns every vehicle into a smart node that combines multi-camera video footage, motion and location data. ProVision equipped vehicles connect to our cloud service via the cellular network, forming a large scale, IoT sensor network generating rich data sets. We analyse this data both in real-time and offline to deliver innovative products to the transport industry.
ProVision is re-inventing its platform to provide the scalability, reliability and flexibility we need to meet the fast growth rate of our business. We are currently seeking an experienced engineer to take charge of the development of embedded Linux firmware for multi-sensor, connected hardware in an IoT environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, but growing team and influence the development of a brand new platform, from the ground up.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and cross compilation for embedded environments
- Experience of embedded software development for peripheral interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART etc.
- Knowledge of U boot, embedded file systems and OTA firmware update
- Ability to write Linux drivers to integrate new sensors and peripherals is a plus
- Experience of wireless networking in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of pre-emptive multitasking environments
- Knowledge of ARM architectures is a plus
Nice To Have:
- Experience of video encoding and transmission in an embedded environment
- Experience of integrating with AWS Kinesis is a plus
- Experience of integration with IoT platforms and the AWS IoT service in particular
- Experience of developing for HiSilicon SOCs is an advantage
- Dependable and accountable
- A self-starter with the ability to learn business concepts quickly.
- An innovator who can identify problems, formulate solutions and focus on delivering high quality implementations in a timely fashion.
- Dedicated, with a genuine passion for firmware development.